Academic Program Change

This catalog contains a summary of the policies, rules and procedures of Colorado Technical University at the time of publication. From time to time, it may be necessary or desirable for the University to make changes to this catalog due to the requirements and standards of the University's accrediting body, state licensing agency or the U.S. Department of Education, or due to market conditions, employer needs or other reasons. The University reserves the right to make changes to any provision of this catalog, including the amount of tuition, academic programs and courses, school policies and procedures, faculty and administrative staff, the academic calendar and other dates, and other provisions at any time.

The University also reserves the right to make changes in the online platform and instructional materials, to modify curriculum and, when size and curriculum permit, to combine classes.

Students are expected to be familiar with the information presented in this school catalog, in any supplements and addenda to the catalog, and with all school policies. Notice of these changes will be communicated in a revised catalog, an addendum or supplement to the catalog, or other written format. By enrolling with the University, students agree to accept and abide by the terms stated in this catalog and all school policies.

If there is any conflict between any statement in this catalog and the enrollment agreement signed by the student, the provision in the enrollment agreement controls and is binding.

Students attending a ground campus

To explore the option of changing your degree program, or request a change to your degree program, please contact your academic or admission advisor on campus.

Students attending the Virtual Campus

To request a program change, or determine eligibility, please contact The Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) Department at (866) 813-1836. When prompted, select ‘schedule or program changes’ as your option. You can also e-mail

Note: To change a program prior to starting classes, please continue to work with your Admissions Advisor.

Program changes are processed once per student quarter. The process is finalized during break week (allowing time for Satisfactory Academic Progress to run once grades post). Students on probation status may not request to change their program. Program change requests should be submitted in the second session of the quarter. For questions on your academic status, please contact Student Advising. Students requesting a program change may be subject to completing a new Enrollment Agreement and new disclosure form. Please be aware that Financial Aid may be impacted as well.