Mission Related Goals
To achieve this mission, Colorado Technical University will:
- Maintain its focus on learning and its commitment to continuous improvement of student learning and teaching effectiveness through systematic assessment and innovation in curriculum, delivery and service.
- Use the CTU Professional Learning Model™ to foster ready-to-achieve learning experiences that result in demonstrated competencies; students are provided hands-on, industry-related, problem-solving experiences that model the professional environment and encourage achievements that lead to student and employer success.
CTU Professional Learning Model (CTU PLM™) The Professional Learning Model is founded on the idea that students learn best by working on real-world, professional projects related to their chosen career fields. By working with hands-on, industry-related projects and experiences, students develop the expertise to apply conceptual knowledge to get effective results. Through professional learning, students experience the complexity of real world problems and learn to select an appropriate approach to a problem that has more than one solution. Assessment is integrated into the learning by defining the professional standards of performance.
- Maintain an applied research and problem solving focus in the CTU Professional Learning Model™ to promote an educational background at all levels that promotes students to adapt to dynamic environments, become life-long learners as well as life-long contributors to themselves, their families, their profession, and our society.
- Ensure high-tech is integrated with high-touch customer service; provide students with a sensitive and motivating environment of supportive services in career planning, academic advising, and financial and career services to enhance students' probability of success.
- Maintain current and relevant programs through active participation with the business community; this interaction is conducted through our advisory boards and faculty selection, and enables Colorado Technical University to identify and implement timely curriculum and equipment changes in selected programs
- Provide an environment that is conducive to professional growth, encouraging the faculty and administrative team to engage in scholarly and professional activities that support the university's mission and the needs of its students, industry and the community.
- Select faculty with demonstrated industry experience, advanced degrees and teaching qualifications to deliver state-of-the-practice education; provide on-going professional development, review and certification, especially in fostering student success through teaching and support.
- Recognize and support the diverse backgrounds and needs of its stakeholders and create an intellectual, cultural and social environment on campus and online in which the creative energy and variety of insights that result from diversity will strengthen the integrity, learning, and social fabric of the University.