Yellow Ribbon Grant
In accordance with the VA - Yellow Ribbon Program, a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008, CTU has established a Yellow Ribbon Grant. Eligibility and amounts are determined on an annual basis and are subject to change.
To be eligible for the grant and waived application fee, a candidate must be accepted for admission to CTU, be eligible for Chapter 33 Post 9/11 veterans benefits at the 100% rate, as determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs, complete the appropriate CTU attestation form and allow for the verification of their Chapter 33 Post-9/11 eligibility via a DD-214 Member-4, Certificate of Eligibility or comparable government document. The conditions are as follows:
- Candidates must be either an eligible Veteran or a Dependent of an eligible Veteran who meets the Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill Transferability requirements (http://www.gibill.va.gov).
- Candidates must apply and be accepted for admission to CTU to be eligible.
- The Yellow Ribbon Grants are applied as a credit to the student’s account and no cash payments will be awarded to the student.
- The Yellow Ribbon Grant is used exclusively towards current program charges.
- The Yellow Ribbon grant is awarded for each period in the program that the student is determined eligible and where the grant is needed.
- The Yellow Ribbon Grant is non-transferrable and non-substitutable and cannot be combined with any other institutional grant at CTU.
Colorado Technical University is committed to assisting military students in determining the best options available to them. To receive additional information on veteran’s educational benefits eligibility, please contact the Veterans Administration at 1-800-827-1000 or 1-888-GI Bill-1(1-888-442-4551). You may also visit the VA website at http://www.gibill.va.gov.