Master of Science in Homeland Security National Guard Scholarship
Colorado Technical University (CTU) in cooperation with the National Guard (NG) has established a tuition scholarship program to assist selected qualified National Guard members in obtaining graduate degrees in the field of Homeland Security (Master of Science in Homeland Security).
The online scholarship covers full tuition, course materials and text books. Four scholarships will be awarded each year to qualified candidates.
Selection is based on merit. Merit is determined from the following conditions:
- Be an active member of the US National Guard
- Have completed an accredited bachelor degree
- Has not completed a previous master’s degree
- An application package submitted to the Director of the Homeland Security Institute by the stated deadline that consists of:
- Commander’s letter of recommendation
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Letter of input
- The National Guard requires that:
- Candidates completing a program under this scholarship agree in writing to be assigned, if requested, to a position in domestic operations
- Minimum of (36) months of continued service upon course completion (IAW AR 621-7, para 2-10)
CTU reserves the right to have the NG, as well as, the student provide documentation on the merit selection process. This allows CTU to reserve the right to refuse enrollment based on institution policy if standards are not met.
- Scholarship awardees must meet admission requirements, maintain full-time status, comply with university standards of conduct and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- All scholarships are applied as a credit to the student’s account in equal installments at the beginning of each term in the respective academic year and no cash payments will be awarded to the student.
- The scholarship is used exclusively toward current, past, or future charges.
- The scholarship recipient must be a full-time student currently attending or enrolled for a future start in the Master of Science in Homeland Security program at Colorado Technical University.
- The scholarship applies only to MSHLS enrollment.
- The scholarship is non-transferable and non-substitutable and cannot be combined with any other institutional scholarships or grants.
- Students utilizing funding from DoD or Post-9/11 VA benefits will only be eligible for the scholarship for the remaining balance in the term after the military education benefits have been applied.