Admission Requirements for Doctoral Programs
Doctorate programs at Colorado Technical University are designed for students desiring an advanced, comprehensive, doctorate-level education commensurate with the needs of industry. To be considered for admission to a doctorate degree program, applicants must fulfill the University’s admissions requirements listed below:
1. Participate in an admissions interview with an admission’s advisor.
2. Submit a complete Colorado Technical University application for admission.
3. An official transcript verifying completion of an accredited master’s degree must be on file by the end of the first full quarter of study or the student will be administratively withdrawn from the University. Students admitted without an official master’s transcript on file will be admitted as a non-regular graduate student.
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education is required to enter the CTU doctoral program. Foreign transcripts must be translated into English, if necessary, and must be evaluated for equivalency to U.S. degrees by an approved agency.
4. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required for admission.
5. Submit a copy of your resume. The resume should highlight a minimum of five years of related employment experience and your education history.
6. Submit a brief essay (1800-3000 words). The essay should be your personal statement. This component of the admissions application provides the admissions committee evidence of your research focus, personal/professional motivation, specific concentration compatibility and overall ability to be successful in the program.